200 Battle Ground Avenue
Battle Ground, Indiana
Open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM six days a week (closed Wednesdays)
$4.00 seniors, AAA, Active Military
Free TCHA Members
|VIEW THE CSPAN VIDEO||READ ABOUT THE BATTLE|
A national historic landmark, located in a 96-acre park setting in Battle Ground, complete with picnic areas, nature center, historic and scenic hiking trails. The 85-foot marble obelisk monument was erected in 1908 and marks the site of the November 7, 1811, Battle of Tippecanoe between the United States’ forces, led by William Henry Harrison, and representatives of Tecumseh’s Native American confederation. The museum tells the story of the battle with exhibits, a fiber-optic map of the action and information about the dynamic leaders – Tecumseh, Harrison, and The Prophet. It also functions as the interpretive center for the early U.S. Republic by placing the battle into the historical and geopolitical context of what came before, and of the War of 1812, which came after. The site is programed by the Tippecanoe County Historical Association. The park and monument are owned and maintained by the Tippecanoe County Park and Recreation Department.
The Tippecanoe Battlefield History Store, housed within the Museum, is operated by the Tippecanoe County Historical Association. The store offers reproductions of historic goods, collectables, and clothing. The History Store prides itself on its large selection of book on 1800s Indiana, America, military, and Native history and culture for all age readers.