School and Group Programs
Tippecanoe County has a rich history that is locally and nationally significant. TCHA offers a variety of hands-on interactive programs to unwrap history for your students. All programs meet many of the K-12 social studies standards. Cost for students under the age of 16 is $5 per student and chaperone for the first program scheduled and $3 for each additional program. For students age 16 and older, the charge is $7 per student and chaperone for the first program scheduled and $3 for each additional program. Please note that staff ride programs have a different fee. Minimum of 12 students per program. For more information call 765-567-2147 or email Battlefield@tippecanoehistory.org.
Some Helpful Tips for scheduling your TCHA programs:
- Programs must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance.
- No programs will be scheduled two weeks before or one week after the Feast of the Hunters’ Moon, check website for annual dates.
- If your group is late, your time will be reduced accordingly.
- Plan extra time in your visit for bathroom breaks, a walk around the park, or to shop in The History Store.
- Please call one week in advance for cancellations if possible.
- Make a day of it! Schedule a program with the Tippecanoe County Parks Department Naturalist at 765-567-2993, Prophetstown State Park at 765-567-4919, the Farm at Prophetstown at 765-567-4700 or the Art Museum of Greater Lafayette at 765-742-1128.
- To reserve a picnic shelter at the Tippecanoe Battlefield Park or Historic Fort Ouiatenon Park, call the Tippecanoe County Parks Department at 765-463-2306.